Self Defense Intensives
Learn effective self defense techniques for real-world situations in these 2-hour workshops for teens and adults. Taught by Kimberly Bowen, Commando Krav Maga certified instructor, 3rd degree black belt in Shaolin White Dragon Kung Fu, American Women’s Self Defense Association certified instructor..
$30 for 2-hour Intro
$50 family rate (for two people)
Graduates audit for free!
FREE! Women’s Intro to Self Defense
Saturday, November 10, 3:30 – 5:30 pm
5004 S. Genesee St, Seattle
Train in how to avoid attacks, take charge of the situation, and techniques to defend yourself. No experience necessary, all levels of ability and fitness welcome!
Practice defending your boundaries and hone your defense tools to cause pain and neutralize the attacker.
Learn techniques to defend against a running charge, a punch, being grabbed and dragged, and front and rear chokes.
THANK YOU to Windermere Mt. Baker and Junhong Kung Fu Club for sponsoring!
Click here to Register. Limit 24 students.
Self Defense: Take it to the Next Level
Next Intensive date TBD
Ready to take it to the next level? Learn proven techniques for:
- Blocking punches: next level
- Taking the attacker to the ground and neutralizing him
- Defense against rear neck choke
- Defense on the ground
Self Defense Workplace Seminars
The Self Defense Intensive Intro makes a great team building activity that provides valuable safety and defense skills in a fun, interactive way. Ideal as a two-hour or half-day seminar. For companies that want to provide a fitness and defense program, a series of one-hour classes can help develop the full range of basic defense skills. Contact Sifu Kimberly Bowen to request a program that meets your needs.
Self Defense and Safety for Kids
Sifu Kim makes it fun! Learn ways to be smart about your safety in any situation, and how to use your awareness and your Voice of Power to avoid attack. You also practice some easy, effective defense techniques you can use against big people or playground bullies. Great for schools, parties, or community groups. 1 to 1.5 hours, depending on ages. One-time intro, or series of three or more to deepen learning. More information on www.dragonkungfuseattle.com or contact Sifu Kim at email@example.com or 206.979.0459.
Kung Fu for All Levels
Get strong, have fun, and learn the art of self defense. Ages 7 to adult learn kung fu basics, Pai Lum and Hungar forms, and practical self defense. Kids sharpen skills with Sumo wrestling and adults and advanced levels with kung fu sparring. Opportunity to advance to the next level through sash testing at the end of each quarter. Taught by Sifu Kim and Sifu Oliver.
- Kung Fu Basics Tuesday & Thursday, 4:30 – 5:30 pm and Sunday Noon-1:00 at BCMH in SE Seattle. Register here for unlimited Kung Fu classes.
- Intermediate/Advanced Kung Fu Tuesday & Thursday 5:30 to 6:30.
- Sunday Kung Fu: Beginners noon – 1:00. Intermediate/Advanced 10:00 to 1:00, by invitation. Register here for Sundays-only at BCMH. (No additional charge for Tuesday/Thursday students.)
- After-School Kung Fu Club: Includes pickup from Graham Hill and Hamlin Robinson, park or library time, and Tu/Thu/Sun Kung Fu class. Register here.
- Kung Fu at Orca K-8: Click here to register for Orca Plus, Mondays and Wednesdays after school for grades 1-8 (select Enrichment at My School)
- Intro Special: One week free! Sign up below.
Weekly Krav Maga Self Defense Training
Learn the most effective techniques to defend yourself on the street and in your home. Class starts with gentle warm up and skills training followed by 40 minutes of technique training and practice. Krav Maga is an efficient, effective, easy-to-learn system developed by the Israeli Defense Force. For teens and adults of all levels and abilities.
- Thursdays, 7:00 – 8:00 pm starting October 4 at Junhong Kung Fu Club, 50th & Genessee
- Cost: $50/month, pay in advance. Individual classes $15 each.
- Try one class free! Email to Kimberly@kimberlybowen.com.
- Register here
Kung Fu Adventure Camps
Activities include Kung Fu and self defense classes with most of the day spent outside in active play and fieldtrips. Visits to the library for rainy days. Co-taught by Sifu Jun and Sifu Kim. Based at JunHong’s Kung Fu Club at 50th and S. Genessee.
- All camps ages 7 and up.
- 9:00 to 5:30 with free early drop off at 8:30 and free late pickup at 6:30.
- Vacation Camps: Seattle Public Schools Spring Break
- Summer Camp Sessions start 2nd week of July.
- All Camps: $250/week or $50/day
- Summer Camp tuition includes one month of kung fu classes at Macabee Martial Arts and JunHong’s Kung Fu Club.
- Questions? Contact Sifu Kim by email. Or call or text 206.979.0459.
Meditation and Healing
Training in Power Level 1: The Prophet
October 15, 22, 29, Nov 5, Monday evenings, 6:30pm to 9:00pm
Kimberly Bowen teaches a transformational 4-week meditation course through the Training in Power Academy. View Kimberly’s teaching profile here, and contact Kimberly if you would like more information or would like to schedule a free energy healing session.